2017 NOTICE of NOMINATIONS and ELECTIONS
for SHARE-UMMS Representatives and SHARE Executive Board
Open positions this year are
- 1-year Representative positions: 10 for the main campus; 8 for South Street; 5 for the CCU; 3 for all offsite locations together.
- 2-year Executive Board positions: President; Secretary; and two at-large Executive Board members. (The other four Executive Board positions will be up for election in October 2018.)
After the close of the nomination period, all nominees will be contacted to see if they accept the nomination and want to run for that office. If there are more nominees than there are positions to fill, then we will have an election. Otherwise, the nominees are considered elected. You will be notified about whether any elections are contested.
You can nominate yourself and other SHARE members for these positions
Monday, October 23 - Tuesday, November 7 at noon
Elections will be held on November 15 & 16
if there are contested positions
VOTING LOCATIONS, DAYS & TIMES
Wednesday, November 15
South Street & CCU
South St, Canada, 12-2:30pm
CCU, 7-7:30am and 2:30-4pm
Thursday, November 16
LRB Lobby, 9-10:30am
Sherman AS8-2072, 11-2pm
Main School S1-123, 3-5pm
Thursday, November 16
Biotech One, 9-9:30am
Biotech Two, 10-10:30am
Chang Building, 12-12:30pm
Shaw Building, 1-1:30pm
Memorial Hospital, 3-3:30pm
To run for Union Rep or Executive Board Member
- You must have been a dues-paying SHARE member for at least 6 months prior to the election.
- You must be nominated in writing by a SHARE member (either a co-worker or yourself).
- Current SHARE Reps who wish to continue to be Reps need to be nominated again this year.
To nominate someone for Union Rep or Executive Board Member
- Please send nominations by email to email@example.com; or by fax to (508) 929-4040; or by U.S. mail to SHARE, 50 Lake Ave, Worcester, MA 01604. you send the nomination, it is a good idea to call to confirm that it arrived. The phone number at the SHARE office is (508) 929-4020.
- Nominations should include:
the name, department and phone number of the person being nominated;
the position for which they are being nominated; and
the name and phone number of the person submitting the nomination.
Nominations must arrive at the SHARE office by noon on November 7. We cannot accept late nominations.
Nominees will be offered the opportunity to decline the nomination. Anyone who does not decline is then a candidate.
Descriptions of the different roles
Below are brief descriptions of the roles of Union Reps and Executive Board Members. If you want to talk about what it would be like to be a SHARE Rep or to be on the Executive Board, or if you have other questions, please call the SHARE office at 508-929-4020, or talk to someone you know who is involved with SHARE.
SHARE Reps: There is a Union Rep for approximately every 50 SHARE members. A Rep is a contact person for their area. Union Reps get training from SHARE to move information between co-workers and union leadership. Reps are elected for a 1-year term.
SHARE Executive Board Members: Executive Board members have responsibility for the whole union. They make decisions about the direction of our union and participate in contract negotiations.